Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading.


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?







I'm currently reading:

Soulbound (Legacy of Tril #1), by Heather Brewer
The Lost Code (The Atlanteans #1), by Kevin Emerson

I recently finished:

I've been reading up a storm (and it's great)! I've read a number of books in the last month, some already reviewed, some still waiting for my brain to catch up and able to write. I'll start with the "Already Reviewed"

Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura #1), by Jonathan Maberry. I thought this was a great book, despite my anti-zombie book feelings. I'd recommend this book to anyone who loved the teens-fighting-against-a-world-gone-wrong aspect of The Hunger Games. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, and that's mainly because of the previously mentioned zombie book feelings.

Polterguys (Volume 1), by Lauriann Uy (Graphic Novel). This was pretty good. I think it has a lot of potential, it just needs a bit more meat to the story. 3 out of 5 stars.

Hourglass (Hourglass #1), by Myra McEntire. I really liked this one. It's very Timey-Wimey (and if you don't know that reference, I feel very sorry for you). My friend and co-worker, Meg, and I talk about this book and all things Timey-Wimey in our exciting new video blog: Meg-A-Rae! We are VERY silly, but we have a ton of fun! 4 out of 5 stars.

Click on the title links for my full book reviews!

I've also finished, but haven't had a chance to review:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor. I listened to the audio version of this book, and both the story and the reading was really good. It was an interesting world to lose myself in for a few days, and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series. I'm actually thinking of dressing as Karou (the heroine) for Halloween! Check out my book trailer here. 4 out of 5 stars.

Team Human, by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan. Oooh, I LOVED this one! Full of snark! Mel is trying to keep her friend from dating a vampire (and isn't having a lot of luck). I'll be reviewing this soon, but I'll also be talking about it in our next Meg-A-Rae episode! So much win! 5 out of 5 stars!

What I'll read next:

I'm not really sure. There are some sequels I want to read, like Hourglass #2, plus several other new books coming through the library. So many books, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment